An extraordinary walking tour revealing Bath’s best kept secret: Mary Shelley wrote much of FRANKENSTEIN in Bath.
Secrets and lies, suicides, concealed births, ruined reputations and false identities – walk in Mary Shelley’s footsteps as she wrote her Gothic masterpiece in the autumn/winter of 1816/17.
FRANKENSTEIN IN BATH takes you where she lived, where she wrote, and where she kept her dark secrets - as a chain of real life disasters unfolded around her.
To mark the 200th anniversary of FRANKENSTEIN’s publication, there’s now a plaque to Mary Shelley in Bath – included in the tour.
Cost: £10, advance booking recommended (some tickets available each night, cash only).
Lasts approx 90 mins. Mainly on the flat with stops along the way.
Starts: outside Sally Lunn’s, North Parade Passage BA1 1NX; ends close by.
Tours between March and October, see below and menu for dates/times.
Not recommended for under 12s.
Private tours by arrangement, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Updates on our Facebook page:
Download full flier from our home page: www.showofstrength.org.uk
Best Live Performance Creative Bath Awards 2017
• “more genuine Gothic horror than her novel… enthralling” — Theatre Bath
• “fascinating… I was spellbound… very good value” — Trip Advisor 5*
• “captivating, breathtaking” — Listomania, Bath
• “wonderful evening… my students were quite simply enthralled” -group organiser
• “Eastenders with posh people and poetry!” – audience member
• All 5* reviews on Trip Advisor